I don't know if you guys know how much I love my momma but, I LOVE MY MOMMA:) ... a lot. There are things my mom has told me all my life, those are the things that stick. We always heard I love you, stranger danger, don't kiss any boys, don't have sex, and be safe. On those mornings you woke up grouchy she would kindly remind you that you choose how your day is going to go. You can choose to perk up, be happy, and make the best of it OR you can choose to be grouchy, grumpy, and have a bad day. You make the call. This summer as we have moved and cleaned and painted and worked our "vacation" away I have several times heard my moms words of wisdom reminding me of what I needed to hear.
As I have grown older, I am slowly turning into her. Hahahahaha!! I frequently give my kids some of those reminders. This morning, Abram was exceptionally grouchy as I dropped him off at daycare. This is day 3 at his "new school" and, he isn't particularly a fan yet. As I dropped him off kicking, screaming, and clinging to me I tried to keep my cool. (I HATE dropping him off crying!!!) The momma, or goola, came out in me and I hugged him tight and said "Put a smile on your face and a song in your heart. It will be okay. I love you" kissed him on the head, pried him off of me, and took off before he made me cry about leaving him... As I was in my emotional rush, I heard his daycare lady say "What a sweet saying". This afternoon as I went to pick him up across the bottom of the page said "Put a Smile on Your Face and a Song in Your Heart" It just made me think, even though you don't do it on purpose you have an effect on everyone around you. You may not know it, but you do. :) Are you a positive influence?? Just something to think about...
P.S. In case you didn't get this... I LOVE MY MOMMA! <3 p="p">3>
I always remember stranger danger because of your Momma! She always said it to us before we went anywhere!
ReplyDelete