Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Just another day as Dr.Mom

Paging Dr. Mom! Any of you that have been around our house have probably met Pumpernickel. Pumpernickel is Barrett's dog pillow pet that he received as a "birthday gift" on Abram's 1st birthday from Goola. It was soon after Papa Nelson had gone to be with Jesus and we were thinking of a way to keep his memory alive for this sweet 4 year old. He had been asking for a pillow pet for over a year and we gave in. He was named Pumpernickel because of a silly game Papa Nelson and Barrett played together. Dad would get right in Barrett's face and blow in his face as he made the P sound. They would sit and play "Pumpernickel-Pickle" and crack up laughing together for what seemed like hours. Recently I noticed Pumpernickel was looking flat!! Abram does not sleep on Pickles as a pillow. Barrett on the other hand uses his as a pillow, in the car, on vacation, as a toy, as a ramp, and a best friend. He LOVES that thing like crazy!! While we were in amarillo today Barrett asked if we could get some new stuffing for Pumpernickel... When we got back to the car he showed me how flat he was. Luckily when he asked for the stuffing we were in Academy and hadn't missed our chance. So after a long day of shopping, doctors appointment, and running around like a crazy lady with 2 wild boys... I came home and carefully repaired our little Pumper dog. :)

Here is our before pic, he is flat and sad.

And after surgery he is looking a little more plump...

And even though we are going back to school tomorrow, and kissing our Christmas break goodbye. We ended the evening with a HAPPY guy!!! :)
I have to say, I was VERY nervous to cut him open, and his "stitches" are not as pretty as they could be. I am not a professional seamstress by any means, but all in all it turned out okay. I am thankful I didn't ruin him!! hahaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment